In a nutshell….Kish Knight, fantasy and contemporary novelist and creator of the YA Teen Thriller series, Dead-End Avenue, was born and raised in the US Virgin Islands. Always fairly imaginative, some of her early childhood writings included stories of puppies, blood and baby bottles. Luckily, her morbid interests were soon after refined, through a teenage fascination with Christopher Pike and R.L. Stine. After gaining her M.Arch in Savannah, Ga, she remained there, enjoying the ghost stories and old-world charm. She finally returned to the Caribbean after missing the sunshine and beaches.
Her current round of busywork involves developing a plethora of design documents for the Dead-End Avenue novels. Her professional organizations include being a supporting member of the Horror Writers Association and the Rave Reviews Book Club. She is also the author of the contemporary YA series, Senior Year: Geeks. When not at her laptop, she might be found swimming, kayaking, seeking out new stray animals to befriend, or plotting ways to take over the world (and book market).
Kish's first Teen Thriller novel, The Shelf, was published in 2014. The following books in the series, The Shelf 2 and The Crescent, will be released Summer and Fall 2014, respectively. In the interim, Kish is actively working on her next projects. Singed, the first book in a short fantasy series, will be released in Summer 2014. The first book of her Immortal Blood fantasy series will be released in late 2014.
Anything else you may want to know:
1) How long have I been writing? Since childhood, making up those stories about the milk in baby bottles being changed to blood. Yep, that was my contribution to the nighttime bedtime stories.
2) Do I have favorite authors? Yes!!! Dicey Grenor, Kenya Wright, (yep, indie authors)....Christopher Pike (forever and always), Karen Chance, Seressia Glass, and very recently, Jeanine Frost. (Cassandra Clare is creeping up here...)
3) Favorite Books? The Narcoleptic Vampire series -by Dicey Grenor; Temple of the Wind -by Terry Brooks; Death's Mistress -by Karen Chance; Fury's Kiss -by Karen Chance; Weekend -by Christopher Pike; Born of Fire/ Born of Night -both by Sherrilyn Kenyon
4) Do you do any sports? Nope, nope, and nope. (Was supposed to start tennis lessons, but it hasn't happened as yet.)
5) Best place to get writing inspiration? During the day, at work!! My coworkers have so many randomly crazy thoughts, that my mind is flying all over the place. I'm usually grabbing tiny pink Post-Its and making all sorts of notes.
6) If I had a super power, what would it be? DON'T KNOW! The one Will.I.Am had in X-Men. Don't know what its called.